S F version 1N

Chicken Salad on Who?

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Roof, The Roof

The roof is on fire. Not really, but I was at yet another bridal shower for my cousin and again I was forced into attendence, not to mention I was one of the hostesses. I am the Maid of Honor, but still... Anyway, the other two hostesses were mingling with the guests while I was helping my cousin by writing the gifts received and displaying the gifts on the gift table. One of the other girls ( we'll call her susa) thought it would be a good idea to put candle on all the tables. Turns out, to be quite a bad one when the tissue paper in one of the boxes caught fire!!! First thing I do is calmly say "Fire", very matter-of-factly. I then watch as my cousin's brilliant mind spring into action as she begins blowing on the flames, as we all know oxygen is fires natural enemy. I reach over and pull the two fine china mugs she recieved out of the flaming box and throw the box to the floor. I then said, rather abruptly, "Do something with this!" (you can't see the hand gesture, but it happened). My cousin's mother then stomps the fire out. (I wasn't about to ruin my new brown suede pumps over a little thing like a fire.) The carpet is now singed and the room stank of burning.
Thinking back on it, I shouldn't have run the risk of burning my hands for it. C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home